Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

On Fearlessness

The first three lines of Ted Kooser's "Surviving" read:
There are days when the fear of death
is as ubiquitous as light. It illuminates
everything.
Halloween marks the anniversary of my mother's untimely death. As a result, this time of year, I find myself (as the voice in Kooser's poem suggests) "attentive/to everything living," reflecting on my raisons d'etre. This evening, I decided to sign up for the New York Road Runners' next 4 miler; and I plan to run this event with purpose, dedication and love.

Comments:
I was sorry to hear about your mom. What a wonderfuil way to celebrate her life. Are you collecting pledges? I searched for your name, but didn't find you.

-The Disorganized Librarian
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?