Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

Gimme Shelter

After warming up with 7 x 100 FR, our crafty lane knitted a three-row swatch, swimming a 9 x 75 stroke set in a K/K/S pattern:

FL BK BR
FL BR BK
BK BR FL

When our coach followed this up with a meditative 8 x 100 FR set, I found myself thinking about Girlbomb, Janice Erlbaum's unblinking memoir of her teenage years in 1980s New York City. Here's a cogent snippet:
"How are you tonight?" she asked.
I was...How was I? Disoriented. In shock. Just two hours ago, I had been heating up some lentil soup at my mom's in Brooklyn, thinking I'd eat it and maybe read some Edith Wharton before bed. Now here I was at a runaway shelter, staring at a nun's mustache and wondering where I was going to spend my adolescence.

Comments:
Wow!
I have to read Janice Erlbaum's memoir! Love her website. Good marketing.

Galina C.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?