Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Five gentlemen and a lady

Averaging six swimmers per lane, this morning's practice at City College was a full house. The head coach gave us a rigorous, highly structured workout which included: 8 x 50 rolling IMs; 400/300/200 pulls; 300/200/100 IMs; and a series of IM kick sets. Being the slowest kid on the block, I planted myself squarely at the back of the pack and tried (with mixed success) to keep apace with the boyz. Lucky for me, I swam with five chaps who were gentlemen of the highest order. Considerate, well-mannered and good-natured, these swimmers' smiles buoyed me through the most challenging sets. And with ten minutes left, Alfred's encouraging shout out ("You're doing good!") positively sustained me the final 600 yards. How generous!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?