Saturday, June 30, 2007

 

A splendid address a really splendid address

At Wednesday morning's workout, we paid homage to Gertrude Stein. Coach Chris asked us to "repeat, repeat and repeat" the following set three times through:
3 x 100 free descend
2 x 50 k ez
2 x 100 fast
1 x 50 k fast

The speedy intervals were as pleasing as the last paragraphs of a recent read. In the final scene of Fair Warning, Amy Dickerson, Butler's smart and stylish protagonist, studies the cityscape before her:
I felt a tender thing now for the Seine, for the trees and the lamps and the quai and the zinc roofs across the river and the cathedral burning down the way and the lights beyond. They were waiting for me. I'd walk alone through a Paris night to the Ritz and I'd collect myself along the way. I slipped my clothes back on and I took my first step, and as I did, I glanced toward Venus.

I understood now the look in her upturned face. She was alone in the world, but she was still rapturous in love. Even in the dim light I could see the twinkle in her eyes.

Comments:
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?