Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

Fabulous five

Enrollment for the 2009 Manhattan Island races opens this Thursday and I am anxiously awaiting to hear whether or not I qualify for the inaugural Liberty Island Swim. Being a bit of manatee, I'm not entirely optimistic that I'll make the cut. Nevertheless, I definitely plan on signing up for MIF's 5.85-mile Little Red Lighthouse Swim which starts at Clinton Cove and ends at 165th Street. This year, I would like to swim in honor of five public librarians (who have been incredible role models and mentors--and whom I owe a great debt) and raise funds for ALA's Spectrum Scholarship. More later.

Comments:
Hmmm, I promise you that I am NOT your stalker; but Miriam, though I am not fast enough (I think) to make the cut for Liberty Island (I only did one Manhattan Island event last summer and I was very slow!), I have TOTALLY just signed up for the Little Red Lighthouse Swim!
 
Fantastic, Jenny! We're going to swim Little Red Lighthouse together. It's a wonderful event.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?