Tuesday, February 17, 2009

 

Metropolitan Life

I've been moved reading the poetry of fellow librarian Liana Alaverdova. Of the twenty-three works featured in From Baku to Brooklyn, I've found "The Insurance Agent" especially poignant. The narrator asks:
Can't you find me a plan
To insure against my sorrow?
You have managed my assets
With the help of your chart.
Can you give me some pointers
to manage my heart?
Thanks to some goading, I've managed to get back on the workout track. Yesterday, Kathleen, Janet and I celebrated President's Day at Riverbank State Park by swimming:
8 x 300s
1 - 4 50 FR, 50 kick/swim IM order, 50 FR
5 - 8 50 FR, 50 drill/swim IM order, 50 FR

This morning, Coach Breath-of-Heaven started us with a hypoxic set, followed by a series of pulls:
20 x 50s
Odds: 25 swim underwater until second backstroke flags, 25 FL
Evens: 25 BK, 25 FR with only two breaths
15 x 75 pulls
1-3 rolling IM
4, 5 FR
4 x 100 FR descend

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?